- Cat’s Cradle of Greater Richmond is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, all-volunteer organization founded in 2005 and committed to rescuing and adopting cats and kittens from euthanizing shelters and situations of homelessness, neglect, and abuse, regardless of their pedigree, age, physical condition or aesthetic appeal.
- Adoption Stands: We show available cats with our friends from CARE at Petco at 1520 North Parham Road and with our friends from Richardson’s Rescue at Betty Baugh’s Animal Clinic at 5322 Patterson Ave.
- Our adoption fee is $90.00. All our cats and kittens have been sterilized and have been examined by a veterinarian. This exam includes combo testing for Feline Leukemia and FIV; all age-appropriate shots; earmite check; deworming; application of a flea preventive (such as Advantage); any other veterinarian-recommended treatments. Additionally, the cat goes home in a heavy cardboard carrier with all kitty’s favorite toys. We accept payment in cash or check.
- Adopting a Cat: To apply for adoption, complete a Pre-Adoption Form (request one via email at email@example.com or call us at 467-6528). After an initial screening and if a match is made, the adopter signs an adoption contract. Cat’s Cradle will not adopt if, in our volunteer’s judgment, the adoption would be inappropriate.
- The cats and kittens you see online are just some of the wonderful animals we have available for adoption. We also show cats with our friends from CARE at Petco 9051 Staples Mill Road and with our friends from Richardson’s Rescue at Betty Baugh’s Animal Clinic 5322 Patterson Ave. If you are interested in a particular type of cat or kitten please let us know. We’ll try to find just the right match. Contact us …
By phone: To speak with a volunteer, contact our President and Director of Rescue and Adoptions at 804.467.6528.
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cat’s Cradle of Greater Richmond
P O Box 70040
Richmond, VA 23255-0040
Over 10,000 unwanted pets are euthanized annually at Richmond area pounds – healthy, loving animals who are put to death simply because they have no home. With your help, Cat’s Cradle is changing the fate of many of these animals by going into the shelters, pulling cats and kittens off death row, getting them immediate veterinary care, securing attentive foster care, and finding them permanent homes where they can be safe forever. And remember, we champion the elderly, disabled, special needs, injured, and difficult to place kitties who need extra care and compassion.